Saturday 28 January 2017

Kitchen Renovation

Trust me, don't renovate your kitchen if you don't really need to! I've had a horrible experience with this Kitchen Designer. Before I signed the contract, they promised me that it wouldn't take long to get it done. The most, a few days without the use of the kitchen, that's exactly what she had said! I believed everything they said because my high-school classmate who is an interior designer introduced them to me. And silly me - I believed that they really meant a few days!
From January 4 up to today, Jan 27, on Chinese New Year's eve, my kitchen isn't ready. They told me that someone would come in first thing in the morning around 8:30 am to do the tiles and backsplash so I woke up early in the morning and waited, waited, and waited. Nobody came! Around 11:45 a.m., I called and emailed them, nobody got back to me. At 12:30 p.m., I finally sent them an urgent email asking them to find that guy or tell me what's going on. Guess what! They said the tile guy's truck had an accident and would show up tomorrow morning on Chinese New Year Day to finish the job! Can you believe that?
Now when someone got back to me on the phone, she told me that how come I didn't know that any renovation job would take a long time...a few weeks at least. And she said that I should know that!
And they're not cheap either! In fact, quite expensive! If I could only go back to the time before I signed this contract and undo everything...I would! 

1 comment:

  1. 聽你這樣說,相信這個定律來的,我聽很多親戚、朋友、熟人介紹結果都是這樣的,一定帶來各式各樣的麻煩。

    ReplyDelete